TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

"Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Patricia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Patricia

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-03-18

"Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Empty
PostSubject: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, but I think some of you will know me from Photozo.
I'm not a smoker but I think you can make very nice photo's of smoking people.
I'm very curious what you guys think about this one.

"Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) 136813056-O
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 8:24 pm

I actually like this...it reminds me of a scene from a movie. I kinda wish the woman wasn't there. But, the setting and the feel of it are really cool.

Welcome to TIFF...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Superbly Done Patricia.

The warm light on his face sets him out from the rest of the picture. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:41 am

I think the shot of the guy lighting up is brilliant, however I'd definitely have done it without the woman in the background - overall I get a negative feeling from her expression, which takes away from being able to see the image dispassionately...

The light on the face, against the overall drab dark surroundings, and the grimy feel of the location, works so, so well... I bet it's a great location, too... would love to do some glamour nudes against that backdrop...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:03 am

I really like the shot, i also like the woman looking on distastefully.
Great light from the cig lighter.
Back to top Go down
Patricia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Patricia

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi mates, thanks a lot for your kind comments.
The woman on the background is his girlfriend, and I think her expression isn't negative ...
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 6:22 pm

Great atmospheric shot - I like the colour triggered by the lighter - Jan sums up my take on the woman ".......looking on distastefully" - just one observation is that the white door frame on the right might be better cropped out - it forms a false line with the white frame - just my thoughts - regards John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)   "Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Loose the Smoke?" (first photo here)
Page 1 of 1