TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Empty
PostSubject: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Hoverc10

C+C Welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 2:26 am

Mmmmmm, Hovercraft... I hear if they ever manage to stop the Japanese from hunting whales they're going to bring the fleet over to the UK and go for the blubber around wild hovercraft... :)
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am

nice shot Stewart, do they still have hovercrafts down there? i thoughtthey'd all but gone and were up in that big shipyard in the sky Wink
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 am

More likely picked off by the aforementioned Japanese Hovercrafting Ships, Sharon... they HAD to catch a few for experimental purposes, make sure that thick black blubber was as tasty as whales... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 am

This Hovercraft runs every ten minutes across the Solent to the Isle of Wight and has done so for many a year.

It is a big attraction on the seafront as it is a very impressive machine when it leaves the docking area.

The noise and the spray is awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 am

WOW - super shot Stewart - You are so right the machine is awesome and very noisy - my parents ran The Dolphin Hotel in Cowes for some years and I used the Hovercraft from Southsea on many occasions to visit. A wonderful reminder - thanks
John

Last edited by on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 12:42 pm

Stewart this is soooooo good, did you notice the old tall ship in the distance. I am so jealous of the opportunities you guys have over there.
Back to top Go down
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 2:25 pm

I can hear the James Bond theme in the background. Great capture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rubysphotos.com

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks John, Jan & Robin.

The Old Ship in the Background was an added bonus, the hovercraft came into the shot at just the right time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft   Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southsea to Isle of Wight Hovercraft
Page 1 of 1