TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

CHICKEN CACCHIATORI

Go down 
AuthorMessage

CHICKEN CACCHIATORI Empty
PostSubject: CHICKEN CACCHIATORI   CHICKEN CACCHIATORI Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:14 pm

CHICKEN CACCHIATORI The regional recipe from Napoli Italy

Chicken pieces Breast fillets cut in four (4) pieces or drumsticks and thighs
Large Onions Cut in wedges
Small amount of olive or veg. oil
Celery cut diagonally
Red Capsicum Cut in bite size pieces
1 clove of Garlic Finely chopped or 1 teaspoon of prepared garlic from jar.
1 tin of whole peeled tomatoes cut into about four (4) pieces, depends on size.
Salt , pepper and dried basil to taste. (1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried) Fresh basil is nice if you have it avail.
1 cup Water
Chopped chives.

Method: Heat the oil in large frypan or wok, fry chicken pieces and garlic, and cook till browned. Take out chicken pieces and keep warm. In the same pan add onions and brown lightly, add celery, chives, capsicum, stir fry for a few minutes add tinned tomatoes and juice, add cup of water and simmer for a few minutes. Then return the chicken pieces to the sauce and toss. Serve immediately with:-

Pasta: Preference is for the long flat pasta with a crinkled edge. (Guacci Brand Mafalde)
Boil and drain. Add 1 desert spoon of butter, fresh ground pepper, chopped chives and a sprinkle of garlic powder.

I find if I prepare all the raw ingredients, put the chicken on to cook, then immediately put on the water for the pasta. By the time the pasta is ready, so is the sauce. The whole job takes about ½ an hour to prepare and cook. A quick and easy meal.

Bon Apetite!
Jan Hopgood

THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES.
My sister lived in napoli in the 1960's
Back to top Go down

CHICKEN CACCHIATORI
Page 1 of 1