TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Daddy Daughter Dance..............

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Empty
PostSubject: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:16 pm

C&C Welcome
Daddy Daughter Dance.............. IMG_3567framed

Daddy Daughter Dance.............. IMG_3563framed
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Oh Kathy - so, so close - #2 would be STUNNING if it were not for the bit of blur. Super comp and presentation.

Hey ho..............

John
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Thanks John, I just realized that in the first shot, there are still some cloning artifacts left from another Ballerinas arm that I took out Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:34 pm

John, on #2 there is some blur.........but.........she was dancing.......
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Lovetullys wrote:
John, on #2 there is some blur.........but.........she was dancing.......

Yep - I fully accept that Kathy and meant no offence - I was simply suggesting that by just increasing the shutter speed it would overcome the blur and result in a "stop motion" shot.

Maybe just try a shot using the TV (Shutter Priority) setting on your camera at 1/200 sec for example...................

Regards
John Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Good point John...thanks :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:00 am

John has a good point there Kathy.
The fastest shutter speed will stop the motion blur, it will also bring down the aperture resulting in an out of focus background which will help concentrate the eye on the main subject(s).

Another thing to try is a slow shutter speed and pan with a burst of movement from the dancers to get a more surreal shot.

With all the practice you have been doing your pictures have really improved and you are nearly there now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Thanks Stewart. I never thought about panning, infact I don't think I've ever done it, except maybe by accident Daddy Daughter Dance.............. 537381
My next stage event will be the Nutcracker in November......and that's only if Shelby's audtion goes well !! I think she'll land a part, her audition is in August....so......I better get practicing Daddy Daughter Dance.............. 264697
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daddy Daughter Dance..............   Daddy Daughter Dance.............. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daddy Daughter Dance..............
Page 1 of 1