TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

some of the jewellery i've shot so far

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 pm

I am just not partial to the "human prop"...as a woman, I don't want to see my jewelry on another woman. But, that's just me! If you want to do a human prop...then you should use an actual hand model.

The first one is getting there...IMHO, I think I would like to see an actual scene set. If your going to use props...then then they need to look as it they belong there...they are part of the overall look. I would also use a shallower DOF...and put the prop just out of focus.

What are the props they would like you to use?
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 10:56 pm

the heart shaped bouquet of roses, a silk handbag, candles, a strange looking sponge, various bits and bobs, just got some advice from the local photography shop about the lens i'm using, they reckon i should try the 18-55mm kit lens, or buy a proper macro lens (which i can't afford) so it's back to the drawing board for now :
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:06 am

a few more now i've tried the 18-55mm lens thoughts?

some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 1310

some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 1410
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:13 am

What other lenses have you got Sharon?

Try themes for the different types of jewellery.

e.g. Single red rose behind an open jewellery box with an engagement ring in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 2:27 pm

thats all i have Stewart the 18-55mm and the tamron 70-300mm, the client particularly said no props that can't be for sale like jewellery boxes as they don't want to start buying them in, you know what customers can be like Rolling Eyes they want what they can't have as a rule
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Sharon surely they have ring boxes for when they sell the rings.

I'm sure this is what Stewart meant. The box the ring comes in.

Stick with it mate, you'll get there.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 4:54 pm

they don't Jan, they use little bags like the one in the background of this shot, they are very unusual in thier thinking and set up they also make all the jewellery themselves

some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Other_11
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 7:26 pm

I agree with Jan you'll get there and the shot above is proof - great clarity - for me the blue works well - keep going Sharon ~ John
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:42 pm

thanks John, i'm liking the blue more and more and got a few more ideas from looking through jewellery pages on the net today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some of the jewellery i've shot so far   some of the jewellery i've shot so far - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some of the jewellery i've shot so far
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2