TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Overblown dog photo needs help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Overblown dog photo needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Overblown dog photo needs help!   Overblown dog photo needs help! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:54 pm

This dog is overblown on the left and to dark on the right. I wanted to capture his tounge sticking out but haven't managed to do it without getting the left side to light. He was light except for his muzzle and ears any help will be greatly appreciated.

Overblown dog photo needs help! Photosmi

Overblown dog photo needs help! 5923b11
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Overblown dog photo needs help!   Overblown dog photo needs help! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 pm

you could try a dodge on the dark areas and a burn on the light, but my preference is selecting the areas seperately and using either curves or better yet levels to adjust them, it'll probably never be perfect though, your best bet is a reshoot if you can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Overblown dog photo needs help!   Overblown dog photo needs help! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Pris - thats a toughy................
The bottom left (at first glance) is pure 255 white, meaning theres nothing in there to grab hold of and change.
Sharon is totally right about dodge & burn and even selecting, but this one may be too farr gone.
When I get home, and have time, I'll have a 10 minute dabble with it - but my fear is the over-exposure is one step too far for a decent recovery.
Lets see eh!

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overblown dog photo needs help!   Overblown dog photo needs help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overblown dog photo needs help!
Page 1 of 1