TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Derwent Water the Lake District

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Derwent Water the Lake District Empty
PostSubject: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am

I have loaded this up for Mum, she took it a while ago. Jono
I will leave her to add her comments...
Derwent Water the Lake District Derwen11

Here is the orignal print after we scanned it, authentic sepia...
Derwent Water the Lake District Derwen10
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 12:13 am

This is an awesome image!!! Excellent composition...just simply beautiful!! And I love the fisherman on the docks!!

It just draws me in! Thank you for sharing it!

T.
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:12 am

Superb composition with so much to see - wonderful ~ John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 5:40 pm

This photo was taken long before jono was born ,he has a recent one of his own .maybe it would be fun to see it ..Diane
Back to top Go down
jonorob
Addict
Addict
jonorob

Male
Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Derwent a few years later..   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:51 am

Derwent Water the Lake District Img_3111
Back to top Go down
https://servimg.com/images.php?cat_id=0&start=15

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:00 am

A lovely shot diane, you must be happy to have a new copy, it is magic what can be done now with the old favourites we have kept.

Thanks for sharing your photo also Jono, you know if this was mine I would crop down the middle and use just the half with the boat.

Cheers Jan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:31 am

A smaller version of jonos photo would look good but would loose the image of Catbells the fells behind ,magical name and place .Diane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:49 am

Hi Jono,

Looking at your version, you've done a great job of reconstruction, but I felt there was a little more in the image - I shifted the levels to bring more detail out in the image, then added a sharpened layer to give it just a little more depth:

Derwent Water the Lake District Lake310

I couldn't resist adding more of a sepia colour to it, as it looked more faded B&W than sepia to me:

Derwent Water the Lake District Lake410

I thought it only fair to give Jono's image the same treatment though - just to even up the generations... Very Happy

Derwent Water the Lake District Lake510
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:55 am

Hmmmm, still not there - needed 'grain', too:

Derwent Water the Lake District Lake5n10

Derwent Water the Lake District Lake410

There, a nice 'then & now" pair... if you want 'em big enough to print, send me some bigger files and I'll do 'em both again...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:30 am

i hope jono can do that as i for one would like a nice pair .on the wall maybe .its been alot of fun .diane .
Back to top Go down
jonorob
Addict
Addict
jonorob

Male
Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:52 am

WOW they look amazing. Looks like Mum wants me to send you those files.
Thank you so much.
I will send them tonight. Thanks again. Jono
Back to top Go down
https://servimg.com/images.php?cat_id=0&start=15
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:20 pm

Wonderful pics !!! I could almost see the water moving softly. So peaceful, wish I was there !!
Stuart excellent editing, I would hang them on my wall !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derwent Water the Lake District   Derwent Water the Lake District Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derwent Water the Lake District
Page 1 of 1