TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

The Spice Island Inn

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Spice Island Inn Empty
PostSubject: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 1:09 am

The Spice Island Inn Spice_10

Some PS work done on the sky to get the 'dramatic' look. Very Happy

C+C :welcome:
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 am

the sky is fantastic and i was just discussing this with Sandy and we both agreed if it wern't for the cars and scaffolding this could be anytime in the past, it really works in the b&W, i'm loving the sparklies in the water too one of your best Stewart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 3:15 am

I really like this...my only thought would be to lighten up the roof on the tallest building...the darkness makes it really heavy. Otherwise, as Sharon said "one of your best"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 4:20 am

An excellent composition Stewart but i think you need to lighten the midtones. The buildings look flat and dead to me.

Could be partially my screen, seeing things darker but i still think it is too dark. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 10:07 am

The roof of the Spice Island Inn is a little dark on screen.

I'll give it some attention before I possibly print it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Stewart - super comp.... indeed stunning comp. Can't add to the C&C above which I fully support - looks like the old "Still & West" in Old Portsmouth - am I correct???
John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 8:23 pm

Spot on John. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spice Island Inn   The Spice Island Inn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spice Island Inn
Page 1 of 1