TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Family Recipes...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Family Recipes... Empty
PostSubject: Family Recipes...   Family Recipes... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:27 pm

These were sent to me by my aunt for a Family Recipe Book that I am putting together. The dip recipe was my grandmother's and the pickle one is from my Grandmother's favorite Sister-In-Law (and cooking rival) Regina. Enjoy.

REGINA’S PICKLES
1 large jar whole dill pickles, (not kosher)
¾ cup vinegar
¼ cup water
2 cups sugar

Drain juice from pickles. Wipe dry; cut into chunks and return to jar. In saucepan, combine vinegar, water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently. Pour hot mixture over pickles. Cover and refrigerate. Allow pickles to marinate for two days before serving.

GRANDMA IHDE’S GARLIC CHIP DIP
(I don’t know where my mother got this recipe, but it was served for every cocktail party or gathering my folks had. I loved it as a child and still do as an adult, though I don’t think I make it nearly as well as she did. I usually double this for a party.)

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 or 2 cloves garlic, grated
¼ cup grated onion
1 bouillon cube, dissolved in small amount of boiling water
A little milk to thicken, if necessary

Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving with potato chips.
Back to top Go down

Family Recipes...
Page 1 of 1