TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

hdr church

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:26 pm

i had a go at 'hdr' photography today.... i was really disappointed..... can anyone advise me on the best way to take hdr? i took one photo in RAW for this and converted it in photoshop into 5 images with varying degrees of exposure. it just looks a bit 'bland' to me. also i know its a bit on the 'wonky' side, i had a group of people behind me and a big board to my right so im a bit off centre. i notice that nobody has posted in this topic recently. is it because, like me, you are a bit nervous of criticism? LOL!! oh, and i used iso of i think 500. maybe that was too high?

hdr church Boltonsmall
Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 am

I don't really know how t o help you Fee, maybe it is not quite sharp enough. I have never tried hdr.
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 am

Fee,

I 'think' the issue is you took one photo and converted it. From my limited knowledge of HDR its best to take three (or more) shots , using bracketing, to put through the HDR facility on CS2 or CS3.

But taking different shots the exposure will be truely different as opposed to digitally different in the method you chose.

I have played around with HDR using the method I suggest with some.......goodish results.

John
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 pm

thanks guys!
this is one that i took with using 3 different shots, maybe it is a little better?

hdr church Hdrabbeysmall
Back to top Go down
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:41 pm

John is correct HDR is three different exposure of the same shot: 1-over exposed to get the shadows, 1-under exposed to get the highlights and 1-exposed correctly to get main image. Then you put them together in PS using the program plugin HDR and it will combine the images to give an overall perfectly exposed image.

The image you are using does not have all the elements you need for HDR, you need a lot of sun with harsh highlights and dark shadows for HDR to truly work.

That being said, I like the image the comp and angle work well with the elements there. I like the effect you got using HDR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rubysphotos.com
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:44 pm

thanks, i will keep practising. i actually used the 'photomatix' hdr program to process them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hdr church Empty
PostSubject: Re: hdr church   hdr church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hdr church
Page 1 of 1