TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Hades in a Magic Circle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hades in a Magic Circle Empty
PostSubject: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:03 pm

"Magic Circle" is kind of a fun treatment - for those of you who haven't tried it before. But, it's easy to become obsessed (there is a HUGE group at Flickr dedicated to Magic Circles - and man, what they can do!)

This is the simplified version. Take any image (this happens to be a Phart to start, but any image with colors works great.) Run Distortion > Polar Coordinates > "Polar to Rectangle". Click OK. Then run Distortion > Polar Coordinates > "Rectangle to Polar" > select "Color" (personally, I like Black, but you can pick up any color in your image.) Click OK. Finally, go to resize and choose a Square ratio (1.00 600 x 600 or whatever.) I used PSP9, but Photoshop has the same features to use. Have fun!

Hades in a Magic Circle T02_im12
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:09 pm

That's cool !! Thanks for the mini tutorial, always something new to learn !!Hades in a Magic Circle Painter
Back to top Go down
CathieT
CathieT

Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

I love that effect - been trying to get a planet just right!!

C
Back to top Go down
http://www.redbubble.com/people/cathiet/portfolio
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488

PostSubject: Re: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Kuhl Bananas. I like this. I am going to have to try it out.

hugs
Emilie
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com

PostSubject: Re: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 am

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=%22magic+circle%22

wow - I did a search for Magic Circles (groups) at Flickr so you guys could see more examples (and two of mine were on the screen!) If you want to dig around more, some people do the most incredible work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hades in a Magic Circle   Hades in a Magic Circle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hades in a Magic Circle
Page 1 of 1