TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Sunset Sail

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 6:29 am

Out of my favorite Western Michigan Spot - "Big Red" at Holland. The sailboat is heading out to Lake Michigan for a end of day run.

Sunset Sail T02_3310
Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 am

You're quite a liberty to tell me to bugger off, 'cos it is YOUR image, and how you saw the scene, but when I look at this it looks muddy - so I pulled it into Photoshop and adjusted the levels, which helped immensely as you were losing nearly a quarter of your available tone in the shot - I then gave it a gradient mask set to multiply to brind the colour up in the top of the image, leaving the bottom clear, gave it about +5 saturation and lightness, a little unsharp masking, flattened and saved - you may or may not like the end result - it does lose a little pink from the puffs of cloud at the top, and I could brush that back in at home, but alas PSE doesn't have a history brush or layer masks...

Here's my take:
Sunset Sail Sunset12

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 am

Hot Dang! I'd be a fool to tell you to Bugger Off - It looks great. Thanks, k
Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am

Superb image Kat and a great rework Stuart.

That is what this place is about, helping each other to improve and have a damn good laugh while we do it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Kathy this is a beautiful image and Stuart you did a great job in the rework and the explanation of your actions.
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:14 pm

Jan wrote:
Kathy this is a beautiful image and Stuart you did a great job in the rework and the explanation of your actions.

I agree !! Great shot, great rework !!
Back to top Go down
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Now Kat that is a framing, wall hanging image, if I ever saw one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rubysphotos.com
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 5:18 pm

rkunderhill wrote:
Now Kat that is a framing, wall hanging image, if I ever saw one.

Ditto!
Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:57 pm

Wow - Robin, and Kathy! Thank you for the high compliment (and thanks again, Stuart.) Tracy - rev up the printer! lollllllllllll Kat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunset Sail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Sail   Sunset Sail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunset Sail
Page 1 of 1