TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Prima Ballerina

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 6:26 am

This is from the Nutcracker Snow Scene
Prima Ballerina IMG_0920f
Back to top Go down

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 am

This looks pretty good to me Kathy.

The whites are white and the faces are well lit.

The main subject looks like she is leaning a little but other than that I can't think of anything to change it.
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 pm

Kathy...I actually like the other one from the party scene better (with the exception of cutting off the ballerina's foot)...this one is not flattering to the ballerina. Especially, since you are right below "tutu" level...not leaving much to the imagination (probably, why Stewart liked it so much :face: )! The hand on the left is in a shadow...and I think I would have preferred you to be standing directly in front of her...the angle/perspective is off. One other thing, I would have like to have seen her entire toes...it's the best part about ballerina's...when they are up on their toes...I know I admire it.

I do like the color and the fact that you were able to keep the whites looking nice. The skin tones look good...and the subject is in focus and detailed...no easy trick in a dark auditorium.

I guess the main thing for me...would be the perspective. And, I know...in a situation like this...you usually don't have a lot of options.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 am

Thank You both for your feedback. I so wanted these pictures to be perfect for Shelby... but.... being very new with my camera and still working on all program settings :( .
I see what you mean by being under and shooting under her tutu. I was seated in the front row right side of stage so alot of my angles were off. I had to take all pics with out a flash, which I was nervous about, but most of them came out ok.
I have now ventured into the manual mode and will be with Robin soon, so hopefully Peter Pan (in May) and her recital (in June) will be seeing better pictures.
Back to top Go down

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:11 pm

From that angle - it's actually the stage edging that cut off the toes. Not much you can do about that. Would they allow you back stage to catch some photos? That could nail you some unique viewpoints.

About a hundred years back, my favorite Hot&Hunky teacher had his picture in the paper. The Photographer had been kneeling when he shot Mr. E. The result was that H&H turned into Icky & Squishy. I've tried never to shoot a person an less than at dead-on or higher angle. Then again - I'm horrid at shooting people pix anyhow (but still think I'm right on this one.)
Back to top Go down

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:40 pm

I've been biting my tongue the *whole* time this image has been up 'cos I'm dying to connect nutcrackers and the angle under the tutu... phew, thank goodness someone mentioned it so I can breath again... Twisted Evil

I think this is one of those 'in the circumstances' images - this is the angle you had, and the image you've captured given the position you were in IS as good as you'd get from that angle - I'd rather have the shot from this angle rather than not have the shot at all... the colour is rich, the exposure is good, and the image works for me to see a ballet performer on stage - yes, *I* can set up better ballet photo's... but I don't honestly think I'd have got ANY better shot from where you were shooting...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:03 pm

LOL @ Stuart!
Back to top Go down

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm

"There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment. -Robert Frank"

This is your signature, and I think you accomplished that in the photo. Stuart is absolutely (are you all sitting down?!) right! In that moment, it's the bestest and rightest shot ever! You must be so thrilled for, and proud of, Shelby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prima Ballerina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prima Ballerina   Prima Ballerina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prima Ballerina
Page 1 of 1