TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Pre-Dawn Mist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 6:20 am

Belle Isle on the Detroit River. That's Windsor, Ontario, Canada in the background. My first day out with my brand new Canon S2 on 03/29/2006. What a thrill.

Pre-Dawn Mist T02_0710
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:51 am

A great shot to take on your first trip out with the camera Kat.

I love fog and mist as they add so much mystery to a landscape. :)
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 pm

The first step in the right direction Kat. Well done!
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:16 pm

I love this, and by its very nature, it must be gray and flat. Does anyone know how to jack it up without losing the mistiness of the scene?
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:31 pm

How's this?? Corrected the levels (both black and white point were well off, and the midtones needed .05 of a shift, too - then sharpened the image up for lens blur...

Pre-Dawn Mist Mist

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 pm

This is a wonderful shot and stuarts rework is nice brings out the contrast. I love fog you can do so much in it
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm

Stuart - If I offer to keep you on a retainer of $5.00 US per month, will you do all my editing? (I'll stick to the camera work and DA creations?) lolllllllllll Gratefully yours, Kat
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:01 am

Welllllll... let's see, at $60 an hour you'd be paying for 5 minutes... but the tweaks I did there were well less than a minute of work, so you'd get, hmmmm, 10-15 images for that... Sure... :-)

It's actually not much I'm doing there though - your exposures and images are already good - tweaking the levels just gives you that extra little bit of tonal range to the image, and invariably brightens up the whites and darkens the blacks... dependant on your version of Photoshop, the levels tool even includes feedback on what's going 'too far' - with just pressing one key extra as you work the controls...

I have previously written tips on how to do this stuff, if I can find 'em I'll post them here, 'cos ultimately being able to do it yourself is much more rewarding that paying someone to do it - even if it's just $5 a month...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:48 am

Stuart Elflett wrote:
'cos ultimately being able to do it yourself is much more rewarding that paying someone to do it - even if it's just $5 a month... Cheers, Stuart

Crikeys - not if you're exhausted! lolllllllllllll I do Curves and / or Shadow/Midtone/Highlights usually. Looks like I need to practice Levels.

Thanks again for "popping" my subjects. Kat
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:56 pm

This is a really nice picture. I love the fog/mist. It has such an erie yet peaceful feel. Good Shot !!
Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

The pix I took that first morning out convinced that my S2 was worth every dime, and that Jan (backed up by Cathie) was my Inspiration Extraordinaire! One of her pictures made me look at what she was using. Now, thanks to a gust of wind, I have the S3 and am thrilled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-Dawn Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Dawn Mist   Pre-Dawn Mist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Dawn Mist
Page 1 of 1