TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

bullet holes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:44 am

wasn't quite sure if i should post this here as it's only part of a plane but what the heck, this was taken at the museum at Edinburgh castle, i really only took it for prosperity but thought i'd share anyway, bullet holes on the propeller of a WWII fighter, the pilot survived and brought the plane home, a close shave!!
bullet holes Bullet10
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:47 am

That's pretty cool !! Nice colors and clarity Sharon.
The prop is made of wood ?? scratch I thought they from from steel bullet holes 33859
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:48 am

thanks kathy, not then they weren't, they were made of wood as far as i know
Back to top Go down

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 am

A nice piece of history Sharon.

The brave men and women who put their lives on the line for their country have my complete respect for what they have done/do for us.

They get little thanks for their bravery while overpaid overhyped pop stars get OBEs etc, plain crazy if you ask me.

Anybody having fought in a conflict for their country should get their earnings tax free while doing so, the best equipment, the best food etc.

bullet holes Soapbox bullet holes Soapbox bullet holes Soapbox bullet holes Signthan
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Nice shot with a story attached - thanks Sharopn for sharing.

I fully support Stewarts comments - lets stick a few overpaid sportsmen and actors in the front line - that'll stop them whining! ~ John
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:36 pm

thanks Stewart & John, i totally agree, Sandy's uncle, who was staying with us wanted to see the museum as he served for his country, the paraphernalia they keep there is amazing but not always photograph able, for instance they have some of the crown jewels there, (bet you didn't know that) we were not allowed to photograph them and the stone of destiny, other stuff was in dark rooms and with flash bouncing off lots of glass it was just impossible, i did try a trick that Bygaspo taught me but there was too much glass, i'll see if any of the shots are salvagable and post
Back to top Go down
jonorob
Addict
Addict
jonorob

Male
Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2007-02-24

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:24 pm

Nice "shot"..

The bullet holes maybe from his own guns, as they had a clever system that shot bullets through the prop using a special timing system... sometime it went a bit wonkey and this happened.
Back to top Go down
https://servimg.com/images.php?cat_id=0&start=15
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:34 am

spot on Jono, there was a plaque on the wall telling this exact story
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Blimey great story - I've been known to shoot myself in the foot a few times in my life - but never shot myself out of the sky - amazing stuff.................
Back to top Go down

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 am

A super photo Sharon and what a great story, I can still learn something everyday. lol

I totally agree with Stewart and John on the rewards not received by our gallant men and women in the services. Definitley too much money and hype for entertainers.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:27 am

thanks John & Jan, we got talking to one of the 'caretakers/guides' and he told us loads of stories about the books and records they keep up there and even stuff we thought we knew about our home town that were inaccurate he put us straight, another amazing fact (one that we did know about) is that Rudolf Hess was captured very near kilmarnock on the moors called The Fenwick moors, the village of Fenwick is 2 miles away, and he was captured near another village called Eaglesham, about 11 miles from Kilmarnock, apparently his plane went down there or he bailed there. he was captured by a farmer with a pitchfork and give a cup of tea in his cottage before the national guard came for him for questioning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bullet holes Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullet holes   bullet holes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bullet holes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: General Pictures-
Jump to: