TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Shoot First.........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Shoot First......... Empty
PostSubject: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:33 pm

I went to a Veterans Memorial Park yesterday. This is way outside the box for me, but I thought to give it a try !!

C & C Appreciated

Shoot First......... IMG_6022a

Shoot First......... IMG_6026a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 am

It is nice to see you trying something 'out of the box' Kathy.

The composition is very good they are just a little overexposed in areas.
Some slight adjustments should take care of that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:47 am

You photography of late has taken on a wonderful new dimension - great clarity and composition. These shots are a classic example. Ok as Stewart states the shots are just a little over-exposed in some areas but don't let that distract you from some wonderful work you are producing.

John Shoot First......... 169474
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Stewart & John, Thank You !!

Could you be more specific as to which areas are over exposed ?? I'm not sure of what you mean exactly Wink
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Using CS3 it's easy to identify over-exposure.

First open your RAW file in CS3
The press o (letter o)

Over-exposure will be highlighted in RED.

Use the "recovery" slider to see if you can recover anything, the RED will dissappear as you progress.

Move on from there...................... # John
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:41 pm

byteme wrote:
Using CS3 it's easy to identify over-exposure.

First open your RAW file in CS3
The press o (letter o)

Over-exposure will be highlighted in RED.

Use the "recovery" slider to see if you can recover anything, the RED will dissappear as you progress.

Move on from there...................... # John

I have CS2, also I didn't shoot in RAW, so how would I open a RAW file ? Shoot First......... 33859
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Sorry Kathy - bad mistake of mine - assummed you shot in RAW. You must never ASSUME cause it makes an ASS out of U and ME (ASS.U.ME)

On CS2 (if you start shooting in RAW) the red highlights are show automatically on the RAW file opening page of CS2.

Will come back to yer............ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:51 am

when i looked at this on Thursday i thought the same as Stewart, but went away to have a think about how best to tell you how to go about fixing it and to avoid it happening next time, long story short, i got way layed and forgot until tonight. To fix this (not having the raw file) you would have to select the over exposed areas and feather it say by 10 pixels then adjust the levels for that area, then select the inverse and brighten it in levels just to bring it in line with the rest. to avoid it happening again when there is bright sunlight like this you need to take your shutter speed up and your f/stop down, but when i get bright days like this i take 20 or 30 shots to make sure i get it spot on trying different settings till i get it the way i want checking the shots in the lcd screen on the histogram mode i hope that helps Kathy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:14 am

Thanks Sharon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoot First.........   Shoot First......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoot First.........
Page 1 of 1