TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

A Field To Myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 pm

This is a field which runs adjacent to one of the walks Sharon and I went on this Sunday gone.

A Field To Myself AFieldToMyself

C+C Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Sorry buddy.............. A Field To Myself Nah

I need to explain ....... it's just....bleak and uninspiring - its clear enough but just doesn't "float me boat" - hey ho! Maybe it's that there is just too much space to the right - maybe not enough definition in the main tree. Sorry I am struggling to give good C&C - sadly (to me) it just don't work!

A Field To Myself 33859
Back to top Go down
hipster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hipster

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-06-08

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:44 am

I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 am

hipster wrote:
I like it! Very Happy

Ahhh someone with taste.... A Field To Myself 45568

I took this cos of the one tree in a field on its own with half a forest behind it, sort of how some of us feel at times, alone but plenty of others around. A Field To Myself 33859

It doesn't look at its best on here, probably due to the compression it has gone through, but looks fine as a TIFF.

I am reading up on Mono conversion techniques to try and give my BW pics more life so hopefully some improvement will be seen soon?
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:38 am

i wasn't too sure about it either but it's growing on me, maybe more boost of the green in your b&w conversion would help make the forest in the bg stand out more, or maybe that was your intention to make them fade?
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 am

I like the thought behind the shot...I think maybe some more drama would be good, it's to gray for me. :2cents:
Back to top Go down

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 am

sassy wrote:
i wasn't too sure about it either but it's growing on me, maybe more boost of the green in your b&w conversion would help make the forest in the bg stand out more, or maybe that was your intention to make them fade?

The trees in the background were being lit by a break in the clouds while the main subject was in the shade a bit.

i thought the lightness of the background helped the main tree stand out.

i will work on the original again and see what i come up with as I am looking to improve my BW conversion technique. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:49 am

Lovetullys wrote:
I like the thought behind the shot...I think maybe some more drama would be good, it's to gray for me. :2cents:

Hopefully with the reading i have been doing i will be able to get some more life into my BWs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Field To Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Field To Myself   A Field To Myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Field To Myself
Page 1 of 1