TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Tribute To Monet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 3:47 am

C/C welcome and appreciated:

Tribute To Monet StillLife_COMP
Back to top Go down

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 am

I associate Sunflowers more with Van Gogh myself Terri. Very Happy

This is OK, it could be better.

The shadow is, to be honest, ugly and the texture of the wall doesn't fit the smoothness of the rest of the image.

I also find the dead leaf at the bottom left of the vase a little out of place and the blurred look it has competes with the book pages.

I personally would just like to see the vase of Sunflowers on their own without the other distractions, you are so good at those simple shots that have real impact (the peppers image for example). Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 am

I really have to disagree with Stewart on just about everything.

I am thinking like an artist, less like a photographer Terri and the artist in my says this is a super shot. I would be proud to hang it on my wall.

Well done!
Back to top Go down

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:21 pm

Jan wrote:
I really have to disagree with Stewart on just about everything.

I am thinking like an artist, less like a photographer Terri and the artist in my says this is a super shot. I would be proud to hang it on my wall.

Well done!

Each to their own Jan. Very Happy

I looked at this from a Photographers point of view because that is what it is and because Terri will probably be entering this into one of her comps as a photograph.

If it had been treated to some post processing to make it look like a painting then that would have been a different matter.

Monets eyesight wasn't the best which is why his paintings had that blurred/streaked look and to pay full tribute to him as the title suggests it could possibly be given some gaussian blur and motion blur treatment to it?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:51 pm

I was going to enter it in the "still life with motion" challenge...but, the dead life that is blurry, bummed me out....the unevenness of the shadow, which had a lot of red/magenta in it also did not make me happy. I think maybe I'll take this and use an impressionistic filter on it and see if I can get more out of it. I do like the movement on the pages...that was intentional, done with a fan.

I'm glad you liked it Jan...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tribute To Monet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute To Monet   Tribute To Monet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribute To Monet
Page 1 of 1