TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Fall in the Rockies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Fall in the Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:31 pm

We went up to Breckenridge last weekend.
Here are a few Color shots.

Fall in the Rockies Dscf5110

Fall in the Rockies Dscf5111

Fall in the Rockies Dscf5112

Fall in the Rockies Dscf5113

C&C appreciated

-Griz
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
hipster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hipster

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:39 am

Hey, you definitely already have more colour than we do! Great pics!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:25 am

What an absolutely stunning place to take pictures.

I love the patch of yellow colour in #1 it just seems a little washed out and could do with some levels adjustment or some saturation.

The road is a great lead in in #2 and the aerial perspective gives it depth.

#3 again needs some work along the lines of #1 and a crop to get rid of the tree along the bottom right edge.

Same again with #4 with the saturation/brightness.

Some very nice pics John which in my opinion could be stunners with a little work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Griz - what a fantastic landscape - 100% echo the comments made by Stewart - these photos are wonderful and with a bit of post edit could really buzz.

I took the liberty of "playing " with one for 90 seconds. Sincerley hope you don't mind???
Used Paint Shop Pro XI - sharpened - used a wonderful little tool called "Clarity" to a level 5 and upped the saturation using curves. This is not perfect but you composition is super and ,as Stewart says, these are wonderful locations to shoot - trust you had a great time up there?????? ~ John

Fall in the Rockies Griz10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 2:13 pm

What a super location! such beautiful scenery. I have to agree with Stewart and John.

John (Byteme) The Clarity tool is a wonderful aid, eh what!
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 pm

Jan wrote:

John (Byteme) The Clarity tool is a wonderful aid, eh what!

Spot on Jan my dear - top tool that clarify thingy what!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

John, wonderful job on the rework! Not only do I not mind (please feel free to any time) I'm thrilled with the results. I finally got GIMP loaded and I've played a little with it. My friend Dusty is going to give me a tutoring session in Photoshop as soon as we can sync our schedules. One thing I noticed is my flat panel display at work is much brighter than my home machine, I did some post processing of these photos at work and I was worried I'd over done the color, now I see them here at home and they look washed out. Guess I'll have to figure out how to calibrate them.
Anyway, thanks for all your kind words and advice

-Griz

BTW for the last 3 photos I was actually standing on the road side on the far side of the canyon which is why it looks like an aerial view and if you look just right of center on #4 you'll see the house that's in #3.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:13 am

Thanks Griz - they are stunning shots - another quick dabble with my favourite shows the depth you have captured. ~ John Very Happy

This was again done on Paint Shop Pro XI.
!) Sharpened, 2) used Clarify to level 6, 3) adusted Temperature to slightly cooler (to bring out the blue)

Fall in the Rockies Griz210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall in the Rockies   Fall in the Rockies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall in the Rockies
Page 1 of 1