TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

The Old Mill

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-06-16

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 pm

This is a picture of the old mill house in the grounds of Cotehele where the recent posts of John's were taken. I am ashamed to say i have lived within 1/2 hr from this place and this was my first visit. There are so many beautiful things there to photograph The Old Mill Old_mi10it won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Nice shot! Very Happy

-Griz
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Thanks John

Sue
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 pm

Very pretty Susan, clean lines and great color !! The Old Mill 264697
Back to top Go down

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 8:45 am

Not bad at all Sue.
The cars and the washing line are a pain but what can you do when people will insist on using these things and draping them round their houses spoiling the look of it. Rolling Eyes

Watch out for converging verticals as they make it look like the subject is falling backwards/forwards in the picture.
Something that isn't so much of a problem in a shot of a modern building but can make an older building look like it is going to fall over. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:37 am

You are making really good progress Sue - this is a classic example - keep up the good work - proud of ya! ~ John
Back to top Go down
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:28 am

Thank you John i am really enjoying learning, i have this very understanding tutor whom i am always asking questions, of one thing and another so he will be pleased that i am now going to ask one of Stewart. ......... John you say you are proud of me but give yourself a big pat on the back its your passion for photography that inspired me and a few more of your team. The Old Mill Signthan Sue
Back to top Go down
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:39 am

Stewart i thank you for your very kind words and yes it is inconsiderate of people using their facilities when a photo is being taken. I am not 100% sure of the converging verticals i am guessing you mean the trees in the background against the straight lines of the old mill , but i could be completly wrong .......( it has been known once or twice i am a woman after all and women a rarely wrong) Thank you for your time and your critque much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:56 pm

Converging verticals are when the sides of things like buldings are not straight, as the edge of the building in this shot.

Some like to see them perfectly straight others are not so fussed (me included). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:08 pm

There you go Sue - your answer..............

So to correct it (if you want to) go to the straightening tool and turn it 90 degrees so the line runs top to bottom

The place/move the line onto THE CORNER of the building (the corner with the black drainpipe) - aim to get this corner straight from top to bottom.

Get stuck.........you know how to contact me...........

John Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Thanks guys i will have a go ........ Sue
Back to top Go down

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:40 am

This is really nice Sue, great place to photograph, good composition too. You are picking this up fast. Well done!
Back to top Go down
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 11:55 am

Thank you for your kind words Jan, i will get more adventurious i'm sure.... who knows one day i will even walk on the grass !!!!!
Sue
Back to top Go down

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:02 pm

ssccr wrote:
Thank you for your kind words Jan, i will get more adventurious i'm sure.... who knows one day i will even walk on the grass !!!!!Sue

oooh you BAD girl you, I am glad to see some of my influence is rubbing off on you. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ssccr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Yeh Stewart it didn't take long did it .!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:23 pm

ssccr wrote:
Yeh Stewart it didn't take long did it .!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! Dear!........................... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Waitrose will never be the same either. The Old Mill 828547 The Old Mill 828547 The Old Mill 828547
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Old Mill Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Mill   The Old Mill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Old Mill
Page 1 of 1