TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz

Go down 
+2
byteme
sassy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Empty
PostSubject: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:31 pm

I don't even know the name of this one, just saw it at the last minute and made Sandy stop in a hurry so i could get the shot, it was too pretty to pass up, this one was nearer Fort William c&c welcome

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Yet_an10

Last edited by on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Wonderful - looks like a painting - maybe a bit of clarity needed in the sky (??) but an awesome landscape shot - well seen and captured ~ John
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 pm

thanks John, yeah agreed, the sky was slightly blown so not too much couldn be done with it, i did try a bit of contrast but it didn't look much better, i'll try working on it some more cos it's too good to trash i think Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 am

There is detail in the sky so there is something that could be done with it.

A great shot of a very picturesque place Sharon. yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz 489485
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 am

Lovely scene Sharon, and the sky looks fine to me. I have this felling the land is washing away around the castle. That has to be a very old one.
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 pm

Very pretty shot Sharon, nice capture !!
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 pm

thanks Stewart, Jan & Kathy, I'm going to work on it some more Stewart and see what i can do, Jan i think you might be right, it looks as though it was built on mainland but they put a moat round it and the sea/loch has washed away at it for many years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:13 pm

i did a rework to see what i could get out of the sky, what do you think?

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Yet_an11

also tried a painted effect after John saying it looked like a painting, not sure if it quite worked though, i'd like to see version with Tracy's buzz X i think that would work better

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Yet_an12
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey.........well done Sharon - the original looks sharper and more 'Autuminal' in colour - the dig art painting is a great dimension. Prefer the original however........... John
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 pm

thanks John, i'm still working on the dig art one as i really wasn't happy with this version, but it's not doing what i want oh well yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz 33859
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 am

I'm not real sure about the painted one, but I really like the way the sky turned out. It gives the shot an erie feel and that's what I feel when I think about castles, kinda erie/creepy !!!
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 3:20 am

thanks Kathy, i'm not happy with the digital art one either, i wish i had buzz X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 am

The sky looks superb.
Try adding a duplicate graduated layer of pale brown at about 10-15% opacity to warm up the rest of the pic, see if it works or not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:00 pm

thanks Stewart, can you elaborate on the duplicate grad layer? i'm not sure i know how to do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:31 pm

I like this a lot Sharon...well composed and I like the new sky as well.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:50 pm

thanks Terri, i like the new sky better too Wink
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:38 pm

Stewart you got me thinking and i decided to try playing around in photoshop, i ended up at something called variations which allowed me to choose more Yellow, red, magenta, green or blue, i chose more yellow then more red (should make a warm brown of sorts ..right?) then tried it at various opacity percentages

original and 30%
yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Anothe11yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Anothe10 35% and 40%
yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Anothe13yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Anothe12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 8:21 pm

Graduated fill layer!!

When I get my puter up and running I'll post the procedure.
Can't remember offhand so need to look it up on PS. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 4:53 pm

ok i managed to acquire a version of BuZZ and had a quick play with it, let me know what you all think please

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Anothe14
Back to top Go down
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi Sharon

I like the composition of this Picture, and I like the digital enhancements to the sky but some thing about it doesn't sit quite right and I think I just realized what it is. If the sky were that yellow the water wouldn't be as blue as it is. Not really sure what to do about it (ask one of the digital wizards *lol*) but I thought I'd toss my 2 cents on the table.
If there was some way to take some of the color out of the sky and darken the shadows to give more contrast to the clouds?

-Griz

PS: What is buzz?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:23 pm

thanks John, i had to sort the sky so that it wasn't so blown and to do that i warmed it up with filters in photoshop which turned it more yellow than blue (actually almost purple in the original) so maybe some tweaks to be done to it yet, i'll keep working on it till i'm happy with it, all the feedback is a great help, BuZZ is an editing program for doing digital art with your photos Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:13 pm

If you want an overall colour cast then add a fill layer with a yellow fill at around 20% opacity.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:48 pm

thanks to mum & dad i've got the name of this one now it's called Stalker Castle this is a link to a couple of photos and some info on it
Back to top Go down
sassy's mum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
sassy's mum

Female
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:51 pm

it was fun looking for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz   yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yet another castle rework and digital art added!! now a buzz
Page 1 of 1