TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

I'm First to Post Here :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

I'm First to Post Here :) Empty
PostSubject: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 pm

I took this a couple of years ago with my P & S Sony Mavica

I'm First to Post Here :) Captured2005-06-0500028
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:46 pm

This picture has a lot going for it Kathy, the colour is excellent and the feeling of joy that Shelby is having comes across very well.

I would crop the top down to the top of the coloured squares that make up the back of the pool and also crop the side to get rid of that yellow patch up in the top right hand corner.

If Shelbys eyes had been open it would be an exceptional image but as it is it is still a very good effort. :)
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 7:01 am

Thanks Stewart for your suggestion and comments. Is this what you had in mind ? I added a small border to make the image look finished.

I'm First to Post Here :) Captured2005-06-0500028-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:08 pm

The crop looks excellent Kathy.

I'm not so sure about the border as it blends with all the blue round the pic and it looks washed out next to the colour of the water.

A 10 pixel black outline first would seperate them.
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Ok, which one ??
I'm First to Post Here :) Captured2005-06-0500028-2

I'm First to Post Here :) Image1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 9:41 pm

For me it is the second one. :)
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:09 am

Thanks Stewart !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:20 am

I'll second the second one... :-)

The black blue black ends up competing with the image - you CAN get away with it, but it normally needs to be a very thin line of the contrasting colour, and the black on the outside needs to be quite thick... not for this image, but something like 20 pixels of black all round, 5 of a nice gold tone, then 30-35 of black on the outside edge looks quite smart and formal for the right picture...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:23 am

The competition between the blue is increased, I think, because it's patterned/textured - I often cheat with the edge lining on an image, by sampling a tone that's already in there - especially if I want to highlight something - if you have a busy scene of boats, and only one has a red hull, and you use THAT red as the trim on your frame, guess what EVERYONE spots in that image... :-)

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm First to Post Here :)   I'm First to Post Here :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm First to Post Here :)
Page 1 of 1