TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterStatsLog in

Both Tanks...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:50 am

Couple of new shots of my tain tank:

Both Tanks... Stu_s-10

Both Tanks... Stu_s-11

And the 20L desk tank, complete with it's Small Aquarium Starter Package from livefish.com.au (including fry from the pregnant guppy that was supplied, but you can't see 'em 'cos they're hidden in the gravel and plants...) - five guppies, two green swordtails, two danios and a handful of freshwater shrimp for cleanup duties...

Both Tanks... Stu_s-12

Both Tanks... Stu_s-13

This one's going to go on my desk at work...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:50 am

These are awesome tanks...do they require a huge amount of work? We have a small tank - 1.5 gallon for our two gold fish - Tish the Fish and Goldie.

Beautiful plants too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 am

Excellent shots Stuart and lovely calming visuals.
Back to top Go down

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 6:25 am

The bigger the tank, the less work it actually is, Terri... with more water, it takes more to make 'safe' levels shift, so you can relax a little more between water changes, etc - the pink and yellow tank is 20 litres, roughly four gallons, and about as small as I'd go - although I am probably going to get a little 5.7L Hexagonal 'all in one' tank to turn into a 'nano' planted tank... only a few tiny fish in there, but something to keep me company in the kitchen when the 20L is here at work...

So yeah, with the 140L, it's mostly a case of a 10% water change a week, that's two small buckets siphoned out, and in, and feeding - between the glass shrimp, and the Hillstream Loach I've just added, there isn't much 'waste' food getting around, and I don't overfeed so I don't have a lot of accumulating waste in there, either - I *do* have a good filter system, and a bubble wall up at the back...

It took more effort in setting up - and they tend to keep me busy reseating the odd plant, but other than that it's a sit back and enjoy tank...
Back to top Go down

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 am

You have some neat tanks there Stuart.

I see the fish bottom right in the first pic has been in a fight...He has got a black eye. Both Tanks... 537381
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:06 pm

Nice tanks, have you always had fish or are they new for you ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 2:30 am

I had goldfish in England, but they were just 'fish in a pond' goldfish, not in an aquarium - I've been keeping fish here in Australia for a year an a half...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Both Tanks... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both Tanks...   Both Tanks... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Both Tanks...
Page 1 of 1