TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterStatsLog in

Meany, the Platy...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Meany, the Platy... Empty
PostSubject: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 am

We have four new Platy's, Eeny, Meany, Miney and Mo... This is Meany:

Meany, the Platy... Platy10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:37 pm

Meany, try Poser. :lol:

These are another of the fish my dad used to have when I was a kid.

I used to be fascinated watching them have a poo to see how long it would take to finally fall from their bottoms. Meany, the Platy... Bootysha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Lol... My kids come RUNNING to tell me 'Squishy's got a poo hanging out of his bottom...' or whichever fish it is who's having a turn to be spotted in the middle of a poo... in the new tank they've had a change in diet, 'cos I have tropicals in there too, so there's a bit more fibre around (plus all the new plants) so they're not so easy to catch mid toilet right now...
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:40 pm

Your new toy looks really cool! Love the names of the new guys. That is a interesting fish...I always thought that I should be an oceanographer. I love anything under the water...ok most things, not fond of sharks! Or eels...or killer whales. Ok...I'm going to stick to the grapher I know best...photographer!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:39 am

The interesting bit with these is that they're live breeders, Terri - Platy's give birth to live fish instead of laying eggs... Meany's a female, and at the moment I have one other female and two males... who hound the females round the tank pretty much constantly... (the females store sperm internally for months once they mate, so they're not as up for it as the males... bit like life in general really - they also say the ideal ratio is three females to each male - there's another simularity to life in general... Twisted Evil)

I hope to get a few more females in there on the weekend, so they can all dance round their handbags and ignore the annoying males, and go to the loo's in small groups... :)
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:50 am

Stuart Elflett wrote:
I hope to get a few more females in there on the weekend, so they can all dance round their handbags and ignore the annoying males, and go to the loo's in small groups... :)

:curtsey: LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meany, the Platy...   Meany, the Platy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meany, the Platy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: General Pictures-
Jump to: