TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

DA Commission pre Final Proof

Go down 
AuthorMessage

DA Commission pre Final Proof Empty
PostSubject: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:57 am

This is the proposed final version. The outside white strip here is representing a white matte (some white border will print, I think (like Tracy does.)

DA Commission pre Final Proof T02_2911
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 am

When you mentioned the white version, I HAD to see how it would look, and got pretty much what you have there, which definitely didn't do it for me the way the original did - but as they say, the customer is always right, even if they're wrong... when you know your target size, bounce it through to me at auxotic at gmail.com and I'll upsize it for you...

Did you select it with the magic wand?? Have you tried adding a few more pixels to keep a black, feathered edge in the image?? I've tried a few things on selections I've had to 'move' from black to white backgrounds, and one of the other successful 'blends has been to make a duplicate of the original, used levels to make the duplicate black, given it a guassian blur to add soft edges, and placed it UNDER the original selection - you can change the opacity to suit, but the soft under shadow helps blend the previous black edged image to a white background...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:27 am

(I do like the framing more now, though...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:34 am

I'm waiting to see the Ritz Camera print-out tomorrow. Lynn can then look at it against her wall (whose color sounded really bizarre when she tried to describe it today.) The white may look really lousy in the end. I'll try to be patient. Thanks again for the process explanations. k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:43 pm

I like the way this looks Kat.

The white will help it stand out from her wall colour. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DA Commission pre Final Proof   DA Commission pre Final Proof Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DA Commission pre Final Proof
Page 1 of 1