TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterStatsLog in

More wet pets...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:25 am

More wet pets... Nemo10
Nemo - one of the Fantails...

More wet pets... White-13
A White Cloud - either Dust, Rain, or Snow... (The kids SWEAR they can tell 'em apart...)
Back to top Go down

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am

Do you know if the White Clouds are related to Neon Tetras?

My dad used to have them and they look very similar. :)
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:54 am

if i remember rightly yes they are, it's been a while since i kept a tank but i'm 90% sure they are Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sassphotography.editboard.com

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:15 pm

I really like you fish shots Stuart, you do them very well.
Back to top Go down

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:04 pm

No, very different species - they're a cold water minnow - but they were known as the 'poor mans neon tetra' years ago, when neons were still less common and expensive - these days both are much the same price - but Neon Tetra's need heated water... I *do* have Black Widow Tetra's, which are a cold water fish - the only cold water tetra - and I'm hoping I've got a clear shot THIS time of 'em...

Thanks Jan - it's just 'cos I have a captive tank, and lots of practice - and I still go out to Fish Haven and shoot there 3 or 4 times a year... shoot at an angle to the glass, and you're almost there - or shoot right against it - either or...
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Stuart - that is stunning - I especially love the first one - wonderful colour & clarity - thanks also for the info on shooting through glass.
John
Back to top Go down
View user profile

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:40 pm

I always got told to use a rubber lens hood when doing shots through glass.

I don't know if you can still get them.

Guess I'll have to check and get myself one if they do. :)
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:59 pm

These are great...I tried shooting our fish tank (two little goldfish), which didn't turn out so well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Yeah, they do - they work well, except you need to be able to close focus, as most lenses don't focus close enough for a 30-45cm deep tank, with the fish *usually* between the middle and front of the tank... with the 100mm, I can only shoot really small fish 'against the glass'... the shots I took tonight, which I haven't prepped yet, are with the 50mm and my external flash, diffused, shooting on an angle either down, or side on to the tank... I got maybe four keepers out of 30 shots, most have half another fish in them, or in the case of the danios and white clouds, they turned after the focus light on the flash lit... lol
Back to top Go down

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:25 pm

More wet pets... 2goldf10

There we go, two fish with the nifty fifty... I *love* this lens...
Back to top Go down

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:32 pm

And a Black Widow Tetra - they're just a little bit too silver on the body, I reckon I need 1/2 a stop less flash to get them nicely...

More wet pets... Tetras10
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:33 pm

I need to invest in a "nifty fifty"....love the goldies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

More wet pets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More wet pets...   More wet pets... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More wet pets...
Page 1 of 1