TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

7:00AM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

7:00AM Empty
PostSubject: 7:00AM   7:00AM Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:37 am

Does this invoke any thought?

7:00AM 7AM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7:00AM   7:00AM Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:21 am

It makes me want to see more, or less, of the drawn lion on the side of the building - likewise the chopped off hydrant... I think stepping back to include that detail, or panning to the left, may find you more 'oomph' in the texture of paint on brick... I'd also include the brickwork on top of the windows, if I could... the person sitting at the bar does give some interest - maybe a horizontal format showing more of his location would add to the atmosphere??

It's also just a little drab - which may be what you're looking for, a grimy, industrial feel - but I pulled it into photoshop and shifted the levels to maximize your tonal range, and it did add a little punch, especially cleaning up the whites:

7:00AM Pub10
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: 7:00AM   7:00AM Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm

The reason the left side is a bit short is, there was a car parked up the building...I didn't like it int he shot. Would it help if I got rid othe hydrant all together?

The colors look better on yours...give it more of a suns coming up feel...thanks Stuart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7:00AM   7:00AM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7:00AM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: Portraits and Candids-
Jump to: