TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

All the Colors...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 3:27 pm

Thoughts:

All the Colors... Crayons_N
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi Terri, I like the concept you are after here what bothers me the most is actually two things one can be fixed the other will require a reshoot. I am not liking the crayons at the front out of focus especially the orange one looking straight at me. I would try it again with them in focus to see what you get. The second thing is the dark greenish gray that I see in the back over the crayon box and to the right. This can be fixed in ps to the extent of toning it down a wee bit or getting rid of it all together and making your background more pure.

Here are the two that I did.

All the Colors... Crayon1

All the Colors... Crayon2

A question for you? Do you shoot RAW? Just curious

hugs
Emilie
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey Emilie...I shot this when I was taking Robin's class...so, no editing allowed. I just hadn't gotten around to fixing. I like your second rework...with the exception of the lable on the box. I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:42 pm

I am not sure what is going on with the box label. Maybe it was because of the small version I had to work with that it just turned out that way. I didn't change the box or the area where the crayons are just the above section where it was brown greenish. I would love to see this again when you get time to reshoot. Like I said I love the composition and your idea behind the photo

hugs
Emilie
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:18 am

I like these types of pics too.

I agree with Emilie in that a reshoot is well worth doing.

More depth of field and less crayons out of the box so it doesn't get to messy.

Also keep all the subjects inside the frame. :)

May I suggest a shot from above with the box pointing into the frame from the bottom left corner with the crayons poking out of the box at different lengths and a couple out on the surface.
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:19 am

I'm going to find some time this weekend to do some tabletop shots...I'll try to round up my daughter's crayons again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All the Colors... Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the Colors...   All the Colors... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the Colors...
Page 1 of 1