TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

The love of Music

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-01-19

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:59 pm

The love of Music Flute
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:25 pm

I love the "composition"...heheheh...sorry. It's very pretty. I am tempted to clone out the red reflection on the key...I feel like it's a bit distracting. I also wish...I knew what the music was?

Nice one.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 pm

Thanks Terri, I actually noticed it as well but I got distracted by the critter then I completely forgot to do it. Although I didn't use the clone tool. I hate that thing and avoid it when I can. I made another layer using the adjustment layer CREATE NEW FILL OR ADJUSTMENT LAYER from the layers palette from their I picked the HUE/SATURATION then dropped the Red saturation down. I went back to the mask and brushed the red of the rose back in. It sounds like a lot of work but it is much faster than using the cloning tool in my opinion. Here is the result. Notice that it also took away the red reflection on the sheet music which was what initially bothered me. By doing this it also cleaned up my flute which had some tarnish on it that I couldn't get rid of. Now it is silver the colour it is meant to be

Hugs
Emilie

The love of Music Flute1
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:44 pm

Ohhhh...much better. I don't use the clone tool all that often. I just use the term, I guess, in reference to getting rid of something.
Looks beautiful!
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:29 pm

Emilie - that is ...........
STUNNING!

A 100% wow factor piece of work # John
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 pm

yup thats a keeper, i do like the second version better, much brighter and cleaner looking good job Emilie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:11 am

I know I'm a pain... but I'd have to add the red BACK to the gold of the instrument, 'cos it's lost it's sheen - probably sample the original gold, then add a blend layer of the instrument itself back over the top just to give it that hue, without having the red reflection on the key... it's good as is, but having seen the gold 'richer' I want that tone back... :)
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:17 pm

Thanks Stuart and no you are not a pain. I can understand what you are saying but the "gold" on the flute is tarnish..yuck. In it's clean form it is silver. I cleaned most of it but didn't get it all done. First I am impatient and second I will avoid cleaning anything

hugs
Emilie The love of Music Chores01
Back to top Go down

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:12 am

I prefer the reworked version myself. ( :rasp: Stuart :lol: :lol: :lol: )

It looks extremely good on my screen. :)
Back to top Go down

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:34 am

I think the Mac screen at work is running a bit warm, because the original looks much more gold, and the rework has a light gold sheen - but here on the laptop it's silver... still a lovely shot, either way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The love of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The love of Music   The love of Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The love of Music
Page 1 of 1