TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Hosting site........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Hosting site........ Empty
PostSubject: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 6:53 pm

If I delete the images downloaded to the hosting site I use (Serveimg.com) will they disappear from TIFF??

Sorry to appear ....."thick".....but I have never used an image host before...

Thanks in anticipation.
John Hosting site........ Signthan
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 7:11 pm

John, I believe that's how it works. In fact, if you edit the original at the host...the changes will show up here as well. It's basically a link from the host to the forum. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 7:56 pm

yup thats how it works also if you move the image from one album to another within servimg it will break the link to here and you'd have to repost Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Sharon & Terri,

Thanks for replying I understand now.

One final thing.....how secure are these hosting sites??Having posted TN I need to reassure both Linda & Myself.

John
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm

Ok...can't help you there, would like to know the answer to that one myself...
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:05 pm

Don't use it for those John, unless you can find a way to make a private album, i have tried with no success so far
on saying that i've never tried to access anyone elses so i don't know if it can be done
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:06 pm

John, It depends on the site. Did you read the TOU's for the site ? You need to be careful. I use Photobucket and they recently changed the TOU. If your album was open for anyone to visit, the pics would then be considered "free" If your account was secured-private pw protected, than your images are safe.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 8:12 pm

https://servimg.com/terms_service.php?lang=en
according to this unless you give the url to the images no one can access themand unless you gave your e-mail and password i can't see how anyone could get in, when we first started using this host for this new site i put a link in my siggy for members to be able to access my albums but anyone who tried the link got a 404 error message, so it seems to be safe enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hosting site........   Hosting site........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hosting site........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Board Updates :: Forum Questions-
Jump to: