TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Some from the Zoo visit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Some from the Zoo visit Empty
PostSubject: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 am

Well Bruce and I took Connor to the zoo on Tuesday, I took plenty of shots but not that many are spectacular. It was cold and windy and lots of the animals were hiding. lol The rest were constantly on the move.

Here's a couple anyway.

A Spoonbill
Some from the Zoo visit Spoonbill

2 Mandarin Ducks
Some from the Zoo visit MandarinDuckso

Connor, a little wary of some goats coming in from his right. lol
Some from the Zoo visit Connorwithababydeer

Connor also had his camera, but I haven't seen his shots yet.
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:32 am

Wow Jan - great series of which I think #1 is stunning. It has great clarity and wonderful DOF. Not an easy one to take without overexposing the pure white feathers but you've done well. ~ John
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:36 am

yes great pictures! Connor looks a lovely boy!! Also i really love mandarin ducks, they are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 am

Jan that first is shot is freaking looking. Wow looks great. Reminds of those birds in Disney's Alice in Wonderland that had shovels for beaks and were constantly digging.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rubysphotos.com

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Thank you John, Fee and Robin.

Fee the mandarin ducks is pretty poor, I had just changed lens and would have preferred the other one of course. :-)
Back to top Go down
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: GREAT JOB JAN   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Jan, I am a birding fan and can really appreciate the nice white spoonbill. White is very hard to get a good shot of. The Manderine ducks are fabulous, they are so lovely and you captured their lovely plumage and may I say, Conner is a DOLL!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks Priscilla, and yes Connor is our pride and joy. He give us so much pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some from the Zoo visit   Some from the Zoo visit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some from the Zoo visit
Page 1 of 1