TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

candid-skteboarder number 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-25

candid-skteboarder number 2 Empty
PostSubject: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm

What I want to kknow is which of the 2 do you folks feel is the better of these shots, and please feel free to do anything you wish with them.

candid-skteboarder number 2 6502ss10
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:38 pm

my preference out of the two is for this one. the reason is that there seems to be more 'action' going on with the boys feet and board. also you see a little more of his face in this one!! it looks as though he is flying!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 pm

This, actually both shots would be great if the shutter speed was a little higher. I love the pictures, I have a grandson who skate boards so I know how hard it is to capture this kind of action, and Please forgive me for being blunt but both pictures are over exposed and blurry. A faster shutter speed or larger aperture would give you a sharper picture (less motion blur) and reduce the exposure so his hat wouldn't be blown out.

Thanks for sharing your pics
I hope you don't take my comments wrong. candid-skteboarder number 2 300627

-Griz
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Aww Griz, she is going to get you for that

candid-skteboarder number 2 Bottom

I would have to agree with Griz though, They look a wee bit grainy to me also. You need to shoot earlier or later in the day. It looks like you have alot of direct sunlight that is giving you the blow outs. Increase your Shutter Speed and sometimes using your flash will not only give you some fill flash but help freeze some of the motion. This is a fun thing to practice and it looks like you would have a willing model to entertain you for hours.

hugs
Emilie
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm only seeing one photo......

I must agree with Griz & Emilie on this. Play with your settings and you will have some grand shots !!
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: candid-skteboarder number 2   candid-skteboarder number 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

candid-skteboarder number 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: Portraits and Candids-
Jump to: