TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

An old store-need help with window frame glare

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-25

An old store-need help with window frame glare Empty
PostSubject: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:33 pm

This old store apparently had new windows put in-grrrrr help!

An old store-need help with window frame glare 822sep15
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Great fun with this one - again using PSP XI (I think you have version X Pris - same is achievable)

I burned the whole photo to darken it slightly, (heavier over the windows) - the photo heavily overexposed in areas.
I set the Sepia tool to 100 years.
I found the jagged frame ( to give it a real aged look) and created a colour taken from the photo - it's a dark brown, black was too harsh.

This took less than 10 minutes , with more attention it could be so much better.

That's it! ~ John
An old store-need help with window frame glare Pris210
Back to top Go down
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks John this is diffinately more what I was wanting. Once again you've saved the day (and the photo).
Back to top Go down
aurelia7
aurelia7

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 am

Very nicely done...I like how the tree trunks are a little lighter in color, and you can hardly tell there is a glare on the glass. The framing on the windows now look like they are painted white.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.eyefetch.com/profile.aspx?user=aurelia7
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: old store   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:16 am

Thank you so much Ann. It is wonderful to have our friends on TIFF give us guidance I really appreciate all of them-of course I appreciate your comments too all are very helpful to me.

An old store-need help with window frame glare Cheerlea
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:36 am

Thats what we are here for - sharing, exchanging and having fun. Glad to see you are both settling in here...............Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm am sorry i'm getting so carried away-I was getting so frustrated for a while but I'm SOOOOOO THRILLED TO BE ON TIFF where the helpful, kind, honest artists resist.
I so much appreciate it when people actually do stuff with my photos~thank you so much for taking the time to look at them.
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:23 pm

fab picture!!!

if you had taken this in raw format, you could have converted it into 3 different exposures (thats the way i do it anyway) and lost the overexposure. this would convert extremely well into an 'HDR' picture and look absolutely fabulous!! you dont really notice the new windows to be honest!!

sorry folks, but im hooked on HDR at the moment.....
Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Fee wrote:

sorry folks, but im hooked on HDR at the moment.....

Don't worry FEE , so am I .....................Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An old store-need help with window frame glare   An old store-need help with window frame glare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An old store-need help with window frame glare
Page 1 of 1