TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

American White Pelican

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-25

American White Pelican Empty
PostSubject: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 am

Just one of my birds...did some PS on it. Do you think its too white? American White Pelican 146249

American White Pelican 0285a10
Back to top Go down
Fee
Addict
Addict
Fee

Female
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 am

what a beautiful bird!! gosh you are sooo lucky to see them!! in answer to your question, it looks like the birds back is slightly 'over exposed'. this is a problem i sometimes have shooting swans!

but a lovely picture!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bootcoot.deviantart.com/
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Thank you for your support Fee, I wish I had some graceful swans here to photograph.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:56 pm

I love the reflection Pris, it's a little blown on the back but it isn't bad enough to worry about. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:25 am

Thank you Jan, I drives me nuts to get home with what (I thought was going to be a nice shot...then it's all blown out like this).

American White Pelican Photosmi
Back to top Go down
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Nice shot

I know what you mean about getting home to find your shots not what you thought it would be.
I've been doing some experimenting with my camera.
I take an auto shot then a couple of manual shots adjusting the aperture or shutter speed to bracket the auto setting.
The auto setting is usually pretty good, except for very high contrast shots, like your bird pic.
I'm finding that if I underexpose it a little and then touch it up in the editor I tend to be happier.
I'd like to try this HDR stuff John (byteme) has been working with lately too, all I need is the time *lol*

-Griz
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
aurelia7
aurelia7

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:46 am

Sigh...I know Priscilla. Most of my bird shots I have taken are in the computer trash bin. We gotta try and take more! I think I will try the bracket feature and see if it makes a difference with these white birds! Nonetheless, compared to my bird shots, you shots are quite nice!

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.eyefetch.com/profile.aspx?user=aurelia7
PriscillaSharpe
PriscillaSharpe

Female

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:20 pm

I appreciate your patience waiting for my answer Ann and fellow photographers. I need to get some stuff done so I don't keep getting "knocked off of the air." (It has nothing to do with this site though)

I agree we need to get out more Ann~looking forward to it.
American White Pelican 165905
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American White Pelican   American White Pelican Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American White Pelican
Page 1 of 1