TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterStatsLog in

Youth Reigns!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:12 pm

One of the models from the Camera Club beach shoot! C&C please!

Hannah! Aglow from the setting sun!

Image removed by Jan!

Last edited by on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CathieT
CathieT

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Clone out the massive lump of seaweed on the lhs and take out the line of weed that's coming out of her ear - other than that - good work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/cathiet/portfolio

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 pm

lmao! Thanks for your help maam!
Back to top Go down

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Then just wait three years till you can post pics without her parent's permission... :-)
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 pm

it's lovely Jan and i think you did well to get past all those other pushy photogs :rasp:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sassphotography.editboard.com
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Jan, it looks pretty good, I would not have had her hair like that, it doesn't look natural, and I think she is little soft. But the exposure, lighting and pose look good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rubysphotos.com

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:57 am

OK Stuart! If that is so, I should remove the pic then?
Back to top Go down

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:33 am

Theoretically, Jan, the club has a model release, which allows you to use the images from that shoot 'for use within the camera club' - as they've never been willing to give me a copy of a release for any of the shoots we've done, not even a blank so I can see *what* we're covered for, I'm certainly wary of using anything I shoot at club shoots where, like this one, they've used underage models... I'm actually very wary of using any shoot I don't have my own release for, these days, but even more so as the trend continues to keep getting younger and younger girls, AND making stipulations that we can't get our own releases for them - sooner or later someone is going to get burned, just like they have overseas and interstate here, and I don't want it to be me...

Given that I have had to handle a claim of 'misuse' of images that I *DID* have a release for, I'm aware of just how vicious guardians become, even when everything is legitimate and above board... (I did a shoot at a public event, and had taken several close-ups of a girl who was on stage, singing... naturally I got her to fill in a release, at the same time giving her my details if she ever wanted images for a portfolio, as she was a natural with the camera on her... the shots were going on display on the event website, so she could see them there, and I said if she wanted prints I'd pass some on... then carried on shooting. As well as the three 'official' photographers that were there, naturally there were other people taking photo's - the event was in Victoria Square - one of them was a fairly young asian man, with a point and shoot, and he'd caught MY eye by the way he was taking shots, anyway - camera down low, using a flip out screen, so people wouldn't notice - he was evidently observed to be shooting young women in particular, and was going around later asking some for details (probably saw me and figured it was a good way to meet girls, lol)... ANYWAY, turns out the girl was 17, a student from overseas, and she was all excited about the photo's and told her guardians, a Christian minister and his wife... they were upset that I'd 'apparently' told her she could be a supermodel, and then tried to get her details - and then found that I'd been going through the crowd doing this (which was the asian guy's routine) - of course, she HAD my details, on my business card, which I'd given her when I got the release from her... so *I* became the target of their animosity towards the photographer at the event... In the end, the event organiser proved I was a legitimate photographer to the satisfaction of the guardians, and I gave them a few prints of the girl to appease them - but as they say, once bitten, twice shy...)

Not only did I speak to several other club members who all wanted to know *why* it appears that we now contact agencies and ask for underage models in particular, I also watched how possessively one girls father was watching the shoot, and I was also witness to the mother of one of them overhearing three lads on the jetty discussing in no uncertain terms what they wanted to do to the two models that were being shot on the dunes - all in all, I'd call it a pretty tacky shoot for the club - I've been on a shoot in the city with Suzy, and she gave back as good as she got from a group of workmen who were 'watching' the shoot, but to take underage inexperienced models and flaunt them round on the beach just seems like a silly idea to me... funnily enough, the oversexed oil rig workers that were also up on the jetty WERE quite respectful of the models - they *did* want to know if we'd be taking them over to the pub later though... lol

I doubt there'd be much issue over your shot, Jan - it's a nice portrait of a relaxed young girl at the beach... on a scale of 1-10 on a 'pervometer', it's tame enough that it's not even moving the needle, compared to what's readily viewable on a multitude of other sites... and if worse came to the worst, you can simply remove the image - I've seen Lou, and Jim both put hugely more provocative images of models like Saskia on display in club competitions - and I've shook my head over those, too... but there are *plenty* of models out there, can't the club choose some who are 18 or over???

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 am

P.S. Oh, and the 'misuse' of those images??? I was using one in my portfolio, on and offline, and they claimed I had 'no right' to show them - showing a signed model release solved that straight away...
Back to top Go down

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 6:36 am

Thanks for the information Stuart, I will remove the shot now!
I don't wish to upset anyone. I just thoiught I could get some feedback here.

Cheers Jan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Youth Reigns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth Reigns!   Youth Reigns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youth Reigns!
Page 1 of 1