TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Life's Lines...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:39 am

Here's my second entry into the current challenge "curves & lines":

Life's Lines... LifesLines

I would really like the hear thoughts, please...
Back to top Go down

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:51 am

Brilliant - I think you've concentrated the focal point right down into the image, the strong black space between the fingers leads us into the palm, and the texture is stunning... great job...

It looks like you may have a little sensor dust - middle top of the image... could be on the palm, but as they're off colour a little, and rimmed by the typical dust spot highlighting, I'd think dust... Shoot against a nice clear sky at a tight f/stop to check for sure...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:44 am

Thank you Stuart...I'm really liking this one.

I wouldn't doubt it on the sensor dust...I'm a big chicken to clean it! If you have some pointers on getting the crud off let me know!
Back to top Go down

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:53 am

Yep, I thoroughly recommend investing in a Visible Dust cleaning brush - they work like a dream, and are way less scary than cleaning fluid and wipes...

http://www.visibledust.com/

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:04 am

Thanks Stuart...I'm on it!
Back to top Go down

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:11 am

Love the contrast and texture here...great work!
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:15 am

i like it too Terri, i'd vote for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:19 am

Thanks everyone...we'll see how it does!
Back to top Go down

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 am

Nice, Terri.

It fits the title of the challenge and you should have a good chance with it. :)
Back to top Go down

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:22 pm

Why am I not seeing an image? (this happened in a few other threads also - is there a different way to pull a picture up?) If it's the one of the hand, Terri - I thought your subject fit the Challenge well. Kat
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm

Kat...it was there and then gone. Sharon said they are having a few difficulties with the new site. Bugs to work out, I'm sure. I'll report it to Sharon.

Thanks for your comments on the hand...it is the hand.
Back to top Go down
sassy
Admin
Admin
sassy

Female
Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Sorry Terri we do seem to be having a problem with this but we havn't worked out yet what's causing it or how to fix it, so far all we have been able to do is replace the images ourselves
Back to top Go down
https://sassphotography.editboard.com

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Well I can't see the image here, but I have seen it elseshere and it's a great image.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life's Lines... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life's Lines...   Life's Lines... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life's Lines...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: Black and White-
Jump to: