TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterStatsLog in

Not quite right

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 5:30 pm

I like the image but it's not quite right....

Not quite right Birdfe10

C&C Please

-Griz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 9:31 am

I like the bottom part with the main fence and the flower pots.

The pots are right on the frame edge though and could do with some space before they get to it.

I would crop off the top bit and leave the fence and pots myself as the top bit just looks fussy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byteme
Admin
Admin
byteme

Male
Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:41 am

There is so much going on its as though there are 3 photos in there - all deserving their own post.

I personally like the bottom right with the flower pots against the wooden fence

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janika
Hooked
Hooked
Janika

Male
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 6:18 pm

This looks like a perfect place to put out a feeder and wait for the cute birds to show up with a big telephoto lens! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Well Hi! The first thing I would do is straighten the pic so the fence posts are upright. Always the first thing I check.

I would also crop some from the top. But before cropping, I would up the saturation so it is more colourful. Clone the label of the terracotta pot.

Maybe you could start over and re-photograph, you will lose more of the pots as you straighten. I am trying ...(very trying ) to get my shots straight in the camera but half the time I forget. lol

Hope you don't mind my lenghty critique.

Cheers Jan
Back to top Go down
Lovetullys
Fanatic
Fanatic
Lovetullys

Female
Number of posts : 1854
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:52 am

Hi John, To me it's just to busy. I would loose all but the feeder and the poll it's on for the photo, then I'd pop the color on the feeder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Griz
Addict
Addict
Griz

Male
Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:42 am

Sounds like I've got a couple of shots to try with this one

Thanks for the suggestions. Not quite right Yrock

Jan I'm delighted you took the time, thank you.

Been busy with yard work this weekend (and probably most of next week too ) so it'll be a little bit before I can work on it.

-Griz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoss80917
Sponsored content

Not quite right Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite right   Not quite right Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not quite right
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIFF :: Photosharing :: Wildlife-
Jump to: