TIFF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIFF

NEWBIES WELCOMED & ENCOURAGED, TUTORIALS ON CAMERA USE & PHOTO EDITING, DISCUSSION, SHARING AND HONEST CRITIQUE

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterStatsLog in

Emsworth Harbour Dinghies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Empty
PostSubject: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 1:14 pm

Another older shot of mine but one of my current favs.

Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Boats3

:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:59 pm

This one is looking a bit dark on the monitor here at the office. But....... Holy Cow - this is gorgeous! I can't see it all at once, so can't tell if you should remove a little (not much) of the water at the bottom - maybe half of what's from the bow to the edge of the pic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:46 am

The space at the bottom was left for possible use in a calendar or for a chunk of editorial, one can live in hope. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 1:59 am

Again...one of my absolute favs! I wouldn't change a thing. Sorry, Kat...I feel like the water at the bottom only adds to the image. You start at the bottom of the image and are drawn up.

I love that your bringing back all my favs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:03 am

If you don't remove some of the water on the bottom it's gonna be hell to row the thing...

(You *do* mean the boat on the upper right, right??) :)

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down
imagesbytlp
Fanatic
Fanatic
imagesbytlp

Female
Number of posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:08 am

Stuart...you kill me...have to watch everything I say around you! I was talking about the foreground water...not the boat!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 am

imagesbytlp wrote:
Again...one of my absolute favs! I wouldn't change a thing. Sorry, Kat...I feel like the water at the bottom only adds to the image. You start at the bottom of the image and are drawn up. I love that your bringing back all my favs!

Terri - I'm seeing more of a pattern/texture in the lower parts of the water at home, so may easily agree with your assessment.

One problem I'm really having with this site (as with others) is that I can't view any of the images as a whole (having to scroll up and down to see sections at a time.) Seeing only some portions does take away from the impact of the whole image. This picture of Stewart's is a good example.

Frustrated, but still loving some beautiful work! k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 4:02 am

What resolution do you have your screen set up to, Kathy?? I fit the whole thing within a window on the desktop at work, and it's not set particularly high - and the whole image fits on the laptop, too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 4:44 am

sorry, Stewart, but .... Huh? k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 4:52 am

Your monitor must be set at a fairly low resolution, if you're having trouble getting the whole image on screen at once - if you changed it just a little, you'd probably enjoy looking at web sites a lot, lot more by the sounds of it - unfortunately as computers are more instinct to me, than anything, and I'm stuck on an non-instinctive Mac, I can't talk you through changing the resolution until I get home - but you can change it, and still have text displayed clearly if that's an issue for keeping the screen so big... it's just a matter of a right click on the desktop, and a little fiddling around with settings...

Alternatively, if you used a browser like Opera, you could drop the display size of the pages down on the fly, reduce them to fit an image, then increase them again for text - you can even browse at 150% if you wish...

Cheers,
Stuart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 7:14 am

Uh, huh. It's bedtime. I'll re-read this tomorrow - and give at least some of it a shot. Even at the sharpest part of my day, I can slip in Techie-Glaze-Over sooooooooo easily. k
Back to top Go down
Emilie Jay
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Emilie Jay

Female
Number of posts : 488

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 4:07 pm

This is stunning!!!! I love the use of "white" space at the bottom it certainly gives the photo more dynamics. This is becoming one of my favs for sure

hugs
Emilie
Back to top Go down
http://www.siskastudios.com
rkunderhill
Addict
Addict
rkunderhill

Female
Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 7:16 pm

Now this is one of my favs, Stewart. Just a stunning image.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rubysphotos.com

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 pm

You are all far tooo kind.

I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot over at Emsworth and I am planning on going back over there next week with my mate Ant. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emsworth Harbour Dinghies   Emsworth Harbour Dinghies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emsworth Harbour Dinghies
Page 1 of 1